How to Help
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Over HALF of our agency's annual budget comes from private/corporate donors and fundraisers. Without support from the community we would not be able to support the critical services needed to help children on the path to healing.
Click here to view our volunteer opportunities.
You can assist us through:
- Monetary donations are always welcome, as the Child Advocacy Center of Aiken is a non-profit agency and is challenged to find funding to keep the agency functioning.
- "Adopt-a-Child" is a $125 contribution that assists with the costs of a forensic interview for one child that has been referred to our Child Advocacy Center. This donation may be made in honor of someone.
- Sponsor, volunteer and/or attend our annual spring fundraising event. Each spring we host an event that helps increase awareness and prevention of child abuse in our community. More information coming this Fall.
- Host a fundraiser/or informational session - over the years groups and individuals have hosted small events which not only helps us increase community awareness for our organization but also assists us with much needed financial support. Ideas from the past include:
- Music Concert
- Golf Tournament
- Wine tasting
- Got ideas? Give us a call
- Host educational sessions with small groups, private donors or corporate donors. If you have connections that can help us increase awareness about our organization, the issue of child abuse/prevention in our community.
Donate items or hold a drive at your school, community group or church. Our 'Wish List' includes:
- Juice boxes, Capri Suns
- Individually wrapped snacks such as Goldfish, Chips, Crackers, Teddy Grahams, pretzels, granola bars
- Bottled Water
- Gift closet: Play dough, word search books, coloring books/crayons, lip balm etc
- $5 or $10 Gas cards for the families in need to get to appointments at our center
- Office/janitorial supplies: Copy paper, stamps, bathroom tissue, paper towels, Kleenex, DVD-R’s
- Gift certificate to Staples or Walmart
HELPING CHILDREN HEAL